The conference was a great success. Thanks to all who supported and attended!
AUFA Urban Forestry Education Week and Annual Conference Agendas, Tuitions and Hotels
M-Th Class Location: Leak City/ 807 East Sanderfer Road/ Athens, AL 35611
Monday, October 10 Tuition $37 or $75 for M-W or $169 Conference Bundle, M-F.
- 9:00 – Overview of Integrated Pest Management
- 10:00 – Pesticide Safety and Use
- 11:30 – Lunch on your own
- 12:30 – Pesticide Dilution, Calibration and Application Math
- 1:45 – Pesticide Formulations
- 3:00 – Sign for 10 pesticide points for ANY Alabama License and ISA CEUs and adjourn.
Tuesday, October 11 Tuition $37 or $75 for M-W or $169 Conference Bundle, M-F
- 9:00 – Mechanical Vegetation Management Methods and Safety
- 10:15 – Utility Industry Vehicle and Equipment Overview
- 10:30 – Electrical ID and Hazard Recognition
- 11:45 – Lunch on your own
- 12:45 – Pruning for Electric Lines Clearance
- 2:00 – Chainsaw Safety and Use
- 3:30 – Sign for ISA CEUs and Adjourn.
Wednesday, October 12 Tuition $42 or $75 for M-W or $169 Conference Bundle, M-F
- 8:30 – Invasive Pest Management for ROWs, Landscapes and Urban Forests
- 10:30 – Pesticides and the Environment
- 11:45 – Lunch on site
- 12:45 – Using the State Pesticide Handbook and Common UVM Pests and IPM
- 2:00 – UVMCP Exam
- 3:00 – Complete exam and Sign for 10 pesticide points for ANY Alabama License and ISA CEUs and adjourn.
- Fred Kapp, AUFA Executive Director
- John Morris, Alabama Power
- Joe McPhail, Florence Utilities
- Hunter Massey, Husqvarna
- Carrie Williams, GIW Portal
Wednesday, October 12 Tuition is $49 or $169 Conference Bundle M-F
Tree Board Academy (Cancelled)
Thursday, October 13 Tuition is $95 for Th or $115 for Th/F or $169 for Conference Bundle M-F
- 7:30 Coffee/Registration
- 8:00 – Message from President, State of the Association, Introduction of 2023 Executive Council and Council and vote by members in attendance Graham/Kapp
- 8:30 –Rewiring and Recharging the Culture, Jeff McManus, University of Mississippi
- 9:30 –Safe Work Practices and Importance of MAD for Utility Line Clearance
- 10:30 –What Inspiring Leaders Do Differently and Why We Love Working with Them
Jeff McManus, University of Mississippi
- 11:30 – Lunch on site
- 12:30 – Invasive Insect Pests Update – Dr. David Held, Auburn University
- 1:30 – Industry Safety Overview – Safe State, University of Alabama
- 2:30 – Business Overview/Management Panel Presentation/Discussion –
Chris Francis, Lee Cosbie, Richard Flores
- 4:00 – Sign for CEUs and adjourn
- 6:00 – Social hour and meal
Friday, October 14 Tuition is $35 or $115 for Th/F or $169 for Conference Bundle M-F
Location: Limestone County Career Technical Center/ 505 East Sanderfer Road/ Athens, AL 35611
- 8:30 – Climbing, Pruning and Chainsaw Use in Tree, Richard Flores and Lee Cosbie
- 9:30 – Pesticide Apps Demo for Scales, Borers, Veg Management
- 10:30 – Grapple Saw Demo, Lee Cosbie
- 11:30 – Pizza Lunch and Adjourn
Please note on tuition:
The Conference Bundle is only $169 and pays for all classes M-F and includes 4 meals, a conference T-shirt, door prizes, refreshments and your Annual dues.
Annual Conference is $99 each for 5 or more attendees from the same company and $115 each for other attendees until September 25 when all tuitions become $130 each. This option includes 3 meals, conference T-Shirt, door prizes, refreshments and your Annual dues.
Hotels: We have a block of 30 rooms ($167.88 per night including taxes) at the Fairfield Inn for 10/9, 10/10, 10/11, 10/12, and 10/13. We have an additional block of 30 rooms (same price) at the Holiday Inn Express for 10/12 and 10/13. These rooms must be booked by September 9th. They will not guarantee them after that.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65/ 21282 Athens-Limestone Lane/ Athens, AL 35613
Ph. (256) 233-4530 http://www.marriott.com/HSVAT/ /Under “Special Rates,” select “Group Code”
Use the Group Code: UFCUFCA (double queen) and UFCUFCB (single king)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Athens/ 16074 Athens-Limestone Boulevard/ Athens, AL 35611
Ph. (256) 232-7931/Here is the link for the two nights that we have a block at the Holiday Inn Express.
Please Note: hotel rooms are pricy in Athens due to lots of construction in the area. There are other, cheaper hotels ($85 – $110) but we are not sure about the condition of the properties, please verify before you book a room.